Gurvir Dhindsa is an American journalist, who is currently working as the morning news reporter and anchor at CBS46 network.
Gurvir Dhindsa Wiki/ Bio
Gurvir Dhindsa is an American anchor and reporter who was born in India. She is currently the news reporter at CBS46 but has worked previously for Washington DC and Atlanta as the morning anchor.
Talking about her education, she has completed her degree in journalism from Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, USA.
Gurvir Dhindsa Height/ Weight/ Age
Her height is 5 feet 2 inches and her exact weight measures are not known. She has had a weight loss done as some sources suggest that she was obese. She was born on Friday, 26 October 1963 in Chandigarh, Punjab, India. Gurvir Dhindsa’s age is 58 years (as of 2021). She celebrates her birthday every 26 October.
Gurvir Dhindsa Net worth
She has a successful journalism career and has been working in the field for a long time. According to sources, people working as a CBS news anchor’s salary is around $33,774 – $112519 per year.
She has not disclosed her net worth details but has worked for different media houses and has accumulated a net worth of over $1.3 million approximately.
Gurvir Dhindsa Boyfriend/ Husband/ Family
Her father’s name is Dev and her mother’s name is Harbans. They were teachers at the Alabama institute of the deaf and blind.
She was born in India but her family moved to the United States when she was 7 years old. She was raised in Nashville, Tennessee.
Talking about her siblings she has two younger sisters Gurjeet, who is a teacher, and Tina, who is a doctor. Gurvir belongs to an educated family who is active members of First Baptist Woodstock.
Regarding her personal life, she is married. Gurvir Dhindsa’s husband’s name is Tom Sater, who is an American meteorologist and weather anchor for CNN international-based at the network’s global headquarters in Atlanta. At the beginning of their relationship, there were controversies as both were married to different people. Later, they divorced their respective partners and got married.
Sater was earlier married to Holly Morris, who was the co-worker of Dhindsa at Fox 5 News Atlanta. Even after Sater’s divorce from Holly, Gurvir continued working with her for many years.
Holly revealed the affair of her ex husband Tom and Dhindsa in a podcast by not taking their names.
Gurvir Dhindsa and Tom Sater got married and left Atlanta. Together they share two children who are twin daughters named Virginia Grace and Lina Caroline born in the year 2008.
Currently the couple stays along with their daughter in a small horse farm in North Georgia.
|Date of Birth||26 October 1963|
|Age||58 years (as of 2021)|
|Birthplace||Chandigarh, Punjab, India|
|Net worth||$1.3 million US Dollars|
|College||Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro|
|Height||feet and inches- 5’2”|
centimeters- 158 cm
|Body Measurements||Not Known|
|Shoe size||Not Known|
|Sister||Gurjeet and Tina|
|Children||Virginia Grace and Lina Caroline (daughters)|
After completing her studies Gurvir Densa got her first job in her hometown Nashville before her journalism career took her to Mississippi, Atlanta, and Washington DC.
In the year 1997, she began working as a news anchor for Good Day Atlanta at Fox 5 until 2000 and later moved to Washington DC to work for a number of stations till 2011. Gurvir Dhindsa, a news reporter rejoined Good day Atlanta, Fox News DC in the year 2011 as a replacement for Suchita Vadlamani who quit her job to take care of her child.
In October 2017, she joined CBS46 as the anchors for morning news from Monday to Friday at 4:30 to 7 AM. Her favorites include Positively Georgia and CBS46 surprise squad.
- Gurvir Dhindsa is an American journalist.
- She was born in Punjab, India, and raised in Tennessee.
- She is active on various social media platforms with her accounts on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- This celebrated journalist is married to Tom Sater, a meteorologist at CNN international Atlanta.
- She loves country music, antiques, and quarter horses.
- The couple is parents to twin daughters Virginia Grace and Lina Caroline born in 2008.
- She was earlier married to George L Phillips, a former US attorney for the Southern District of Mississippi.
- She has not been to her birthplace since she was 12 and hence her English is free from any regional or national accent.
- Her hobbies are reading books and collecting antiques.
- Her husband Tom is a proud recipient of 5 awards as a weatherman.
- She is a dog lover and has about 5 dogs.
- She joined the WUSA TV channel in January 2000.
- In the year 2016, she left Fox 5 Good day Atlanta for the second time after 5 years as co-anchor.
- Currently, she works at CBS46 Morning News.
- She is also a part of the CBS46 books to kids program which works to bring literacy and love of reading to area school children.
- With her successful journalism career, she is awarded a number of anchoring awards from the Mississippi Associated Press and also had an Emmy nomination for covering the Atlanta tornado.
- Her co-anchor Holly found out that her husband Tom was cheating on her with Dhindsa.