Jennifer J. Cummings is famous as the daughter of Late Rep Elijah Cummings, a former United States Representative and Civil rights advocate. She is an American Communication Strategist and Communications Director.
Jennifer J. Cummings Wiki/ Bio
Jennifer J. Cummings is the senior director of communication and senior communications strategist for 12 years at The Fratelli Group. She is famous as the daughter of Elijah Cummings, an American politician and civil rights advocate who served in the United States House of Representatives for Maryland’s 7th congressional district from 1996 till his death in 2019.
Jennifer J. Cummings Height/ Weight/ Age
Her height is 5 feet 6 inches and her weight is 55 kg. She was born in April 1985 in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. Jennifer J. Cummings’s age is 36 years (as of 2021).
Jennifer J. Cummings Net worth
She is the senior director of communications as well as the senior communication strategist. Not only this but she also comes from a well to do family. Hence, it can be estimated that she has a net worth in millions. It is still under review and the exact figure is not known. According to some sources it is approximately $2 million.
Jennifer J. Cummings Boyfriend/ Husband/ Family
Her father’s name is Elijah Cumming, who was an American politician and civil rights advocate. Her mother’s name is Joyce Cumming whose profession is not known.
She has a half-sister named Adia Cummings and a stepbrother whose name is not known. Her siblings were born from her father’s past relationship. Her grandfather’s name is Robert Cummings, and her grandmother’s name is Ruth Elma Cummings. She has an uncle James Cummings.
Jennifer J Cummings spent her childhood with her family in Baltimore. Later, her parents Elijah and Joyce divorced and ended their relationship.
Her father remarried Maya Rockeymoore, an American politician and the chair of the Maryland Democratic Party in 2008.
Talking about her love life, she is a private person and has not revealed any details about her personal life. She is not married yet and nor does she have any children. She is dating her boyfriend since long but his name is not know. According to some sources she met him in 2006 and broke up in 2013 but eventually got together only after two months of split up and are still together and happy.
Jennifer J. Cummings father Elijah Cummings’s Cause of Death
Elijah e. Cummings used to serve as the US Representatives for Maryland’s 7th congressional district as well as the chairman of the legislative of the house of Delegates. His full name was Elijah Eugene Cummings.
Cumming suffered health problems in 2017 and had to undergo surgery in May 2017 to fix his aortic valve, after which he developed an infection in June 2017. Due to Elijah Cummings illness, he passed away on 17th October 2019 as there were complications in his long-lasting health issues.
Jennifer J. Cummings delivers a heartfelt speech at her dad’s funeral.
He was 68 years old at the time of his death. He died at Johns Hopkins Hospital and his funeral was held on 25th October 2019 at the New Psalmist Baptist Church in Baltimore. Elijah Cummings funeral was attended by his family and friends which also included Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, John Lewis, Nancy Pelosi, etc.
Jennifer’s step mother Maya Rockeymoore released a statement of her Husbands death which read:
It is with great sadness and a heavy collective heart that we announce the passing of Chairman Elijah Eugene Cummings. He was a father, a husband, a son of Baltimore, and a statesman who served Maryland’s 7th congressional district for more than 20 years and 16 years before as a Delegate in Maryland General Assembly. He will always be Remembered for Dedicating his life’s work to improve the lives of others and Protecting our Democracy.Maya Rockeymoore Cummings
|Jennifer J. Cummings
|Date of Birth
|36 years (as of 2021)
|Baltimore, Maryland, USA
|Baltimore, Maryland, USA
|approx. $2 million US Dollars
|High school, Baltimore
|Howard University and the University of Baltimore
|feet and inches- 5’6”
centimeters- 168 cm
|kilograms- 55 kg
pounds- 121 lbs
|35 – 27 – 36
|Not Known (step brother)
|Adia Cummings (half sister)
You May Also Like
After completing her studies, she started working at The Fratelli Group as a senior communications strategist for 12 years. Here she led advocacy and media relations efforts.
Currently, she is working as the senior director of communications at Business Roundtable, an association of CEO of America’s leading companies. It is a non profit Association.
Favorite Things/ Hobbies
- Favorite Actor – Will Smith
- Favorite Actress – Scarlett Johansson
- Favorite holiday destination – Greece
- Favorite color – Black
- Favorite food – Pizza, Fries and Ice cream
- Hobbies – Reading, watching movies, theater play, and artwork
- Jennifer J. Cummings is the daughter of Elijah Cummings.
- She worked as a senior communication strategist at The Fratelli Group for 12 years.
- Currently, she is the senior director of communication at Business Roundtable.
- Her father Elijah was the first African-American to be elected to serve as Speaker Pro Tempore in the history of Maryland.
- Elijah died on 17th October 2019 and his last job was as the chair of the Committee on Oversight and Reform.
- Her stepmother Maya Rockermoore Cummings worked as the administrative assistant to the director at the Marion County Department of Health from 1995 to 1997 in Indiana.
- Maya and Elijah did not have their own children.
- Jennifer’s half-sister Adia made headlines for using her father’s car which he had let her borrow to drive for Lyft.
- In June 2011, her cousin Christopher Cummings (son of James Cummings) was murdered at his off-campus house near Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia.
- She and her sister backed Harry Spikes for the 7th congressional district, on the opposite end their stepmom was running for her late husband’s seat.