Justin Hakuta is the husband of famous American stand-up comedian Ali Wong. He is an entrepreneur by profession and Vice President of a product for a multi-million tech company named GoodRx.
Justin Hakuta Wiki/ Bio
Justin Hakuta is a Filipino Japanese entrepreneur famous as the husband of Ali Wong, Netflix’s break out stand up comedian, actress, and writer. He is not only a celebrity spouse but also a successful businessman and has many followers on Linkedin.
He attended Sidwell Friends School in DC before studying in Mexico at Technologico de Monterrey from 2002 to 2003. Later he joined Carnegie Mellon University and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Decision Science. He was passionate about studies and thus moved ahead to complete his MBA from Harvard Business School in 2011.
Justin Hakuta Height/ Weight/ Age
He stands tall with a height of 5 feet 8 inches and weighs around 65 kg. He was born on 18th October 1982 in Los Angeles, California, United States. Justin Hakuta’s age is 38 years (as of 2021).
Justin Hakuta Net worth
He is a highly educated individual and has various types of businesses all over the world. He is the Vice President of a product for the multi-million tech company GoodRx and Product Manager at Cargomatic Inc. His estimated net worth is around $1.2 million. On the other hand, his wife Ali Wong’s net worth is around $3 million which she has accumulated from her successful career as a stand-up comedian, actress, and writer.
Justin Hakuta Girlfriend/ Wife/ Family
His father’s name is Ken Hakuta, who is a Businessman, Inventor, and TV personality. He created a sticky octopus-shaped toy Wacky Wall Walker that could walk down walls. This was the best selling toy in the 80s. He is popularly known as Dr. Fad from a hit children’s show in the 80s which inspired kids to be inventive and creative.
His mother’s name is Marilou Cantiller who has been employed at the World Bank. He has two brothers namely Aki Hakuta and Kenzo Hakuta.
In the year 2010, Ali Wong Justin Hakuta met at the wedding of a mutual friend and it was love at first sight. The couple dated each other for four long years and later married on 27th November 2014.
Ali Wong and her husband welcomed their first child a daughter named Mari Hakuta in 2015. Two years later they had their second daughter named Nikki Hakuta in 2017. There is not much information available about Justin Hakuta and Ali Wong’s family and they prefer to keep their private life away from the public eye.
Dark clouds in the couple’s life dealt with drugs
Justin Hakuta and Ally Wong faced some difficult situations in their life. Ali mentioned in one of her books that they traveled to Mexico to try a hallucinogen called Ayahuasca. They again did drugs when she suffered a miscarriage and this time it was Mushrooms. Justin is a supportive husband and is there for her in every situation.
|Date of Birth
|18 October 1982
|38 years (as of 2021)
|Los Angeles, California, USA
|Los Angeles, California, USA
|$ 1.2 million US Dollars
|Sidwell Friends School
|Carnegie Mellon University and Havard University
|feet and inches- 5’8”
centimeters- 172 cm
|kilogram- 65 kg
pounds- 143 lbs
|38 – 31 – 37
|Aki Hakuta and Kenzo Hakuta
|Ali Wong (now married)
|Mari Hakuta and Nikki Hakuta
You May Also Like
After completing his education he founded an online platform focused on healthy lifestyles named YogaStart. This is an online platform for yoga wellness services and its goal is to be safe and well fit. He has worked in numerous organizations in different fields and departments including Seventh Generation and Patagonia.
Ali Wong’s husband, Justin Hakuta has a smart business sense and he started working as a sales and marketing associate for Honest Tea in Bethesda, Maryland in August 2004 when he was in charge of overseeing the collaboration with beverage distributor Canada Dry.
He also co-founded organizations like All Day Buffet and The Human Trafficking Project. As a Research Analyst, he worked for the Center for Court Innovation in New York for two years.
From January 2017 to February 2019 he worked as Vice President of GoodRx, a well-known tech company. As a VP he also did community engagement efforts. He also co-founded Aviara and played the role of Strategic Planner in the company for four years. The businessman also worked as a Product Manager for Cargomatic before being appointed as the Vice President of Young Alumni and Harvard Business School for three years.
Favorite things/ Hobbies
- Favorite Actor – Jackie Chan
- Favorite Actress – Charlize Theron
- Favorite Color – Black and White
- Favorite Food – Chinese and Japanese cuisine
- Favorite Movie – Mad Max: Fury Road
- Favorite Destination – Paris
- Hobbies – Reading and Traveling
- Justin Hakuta is half Japanese and half Filipino.
- Justin’s parents made comedian Wong sign a prenup before marrying him which helped her a lot to make her career and become independent.
- The duo maintains a strong relationship through couple therapy.
- According to his wife Aliwong, he is an Asian Unicorn and she presents her jokes in front of him for approval before performing in stand-up comedy.
- Both of his parents were working at World Bank when they met in 1977.
- He is often mentioned in his wife’s gigs.
- His wife Ali Wong comedian performed her first Netflix special Baby Cobra when she was 7 months pregnant with her first child and her second special Hard Knock Wife when she was 7 months pregnant with her second child.
- The couple took their time getting to know each other and didn’t even kiss until their 5th date.
- She launched a memoir “Dear Girls: Intimate Tales, Untold secrets and Advice for living your best life” she revealed that they struggled with their loss and took the unnecessary path to heal from it.
- Justin has a hectic schedule but he still considers his family first and spends quality time with them.
- He has an official Instagram handle with 12.1k followers.
- He likes cooking for the family.
- Hakuta makes up more than half of his wife’s subject matter.
- His house has a shed with ambient paintings where he meditates.
- He worked with 7 team members in 2006 at the Institute of International Education Manila, Philippines for two years in order to attain Fulbright Scholar.
- He is passionate about launching standard products for customers and has inherited his business skills from his Father.