Paula Dietz is famous as the ex-wife of Dennis Rader who is a serial killer. He is popular with the abbreviation BTK which he gave himself for bind, torture, kill.
Paula Dietz Wiki/ Bio
Paula Dietz is an American personality who attained fame as the ex-wife of a serial killer. She was living a normal life with her husband and children until she surprisingly found out that her husband was a murderer of 10 people.
She completed her high school education at a local school in 1996. Later she graduated with a BA degree in accounting from the National American University of Wichita in 1970.
Paula Dietz Height/ Weight/ Age
Her height is 5 feet 5 inches and her weight is approximately 60 kg. She was born on Wednesday, 5 May 1948 in Park City, Kansas, USA. Paula Dietz’s age is 73 years (as of 2021).
Paula Dietz Net worth
She is professionally a bookkeeper and has earned money from this. Her estimated net worth is not known. There is no other information available about her earnings as she is away from the media since her ex-husband was arrested.
On the other hand her ex-husband Dennis Rader’s net worth is in millions which he has accumulated from his job as well as a criminal.
Paula Dietz Boyfriend/ Husband/ Family
Her father and mother’s name is not known. But her father was a car engineer and her mother was a librarian. She was born and brought up in a religious family.
She had siblings as well. Her sister’s names are Tatum and Haley. There is no information available about her brother.
Talking about her personal life Paula Dietz Dennis Rader met for the first time when Dennis moved to Park City after completing his four years in the Air Force. They attended the same church every Sunday.
He began working at the Meet department of a Leekers IGA supermarket and eventually fell for Paula. They began dating each other and tied the knot on 22 May 1971.
The couple is blessed with two children a son named Brian born in 1975 and a daughter named Kerri Rawson born in 1979.
Both Dennis and Paula were active members of their community. She sang in the choir on Sundays while he was the president of the congregation in their local Lutheran church.
Surprisingly, until the day of her husband’s arrest he was living an ordinary life with his family. Nobody knew the other face him.
When Rader’s arrest took place, Paula filed for an emergency divorce the same day on 25 February 2005 and the authorities granted her waiving off the normal waiting period. They divorced after 34 years of marital bliss.
Dennis Rader’s wife Paula Dietz Rader then moved out of Kansas and never faced the media. She completely went out of the Kansas serial killer’s life and did not visit him or wrote to him. She did not even attend the hearings.
On the other hand, BTK daughter Kerri did not visit him but wrote to him. She wrote a book titled A Serial Killer’s daughter: My story of Faith, Love, and Overcoming describing her story. She also publicly spoke about her father.
Currently, the children are married and Paula is also a grandmother. But she is living a private life since her husband’s arrest and nothing is known about her.
Paula Dietz’s ex-husband Dennis Rader
Dennis Lynn Rader is an American serial killer known as BTK or BTK strangler. He was born on 9 March 1945 in Pittsburgh, Kansas, USA, and is aged 76 years (as of 2021).
From a young age, he tortured, killed, and hanged small animals.
After completing his education he started working as an assembler for the Coleman Company. Later he was a census field operations supervisor for the Wichita area.
BTK was a member of Christ Lutheran Church and also the president of church council.
Between 1974 to 1991 he killed 10 people and also sent taunting letters to police and newspapers describing the details of his crimes.
He was arrested on 25 February 2005 and pleaded guilty. Dennis Rader is still alive and serving ten consecutive life sentences at El Dorado Correctional Facility in Prospect Township, Butler County, Kansas.
Talking about his personal life he was married to his wife for 34 years and also fathers two children a son and a daughter.
|Date of Birth||5 May 1948|
|Age||73 years (as of 2021)|
|Birthplace||Park City, Kansas, USA|
|Net worth||Not Known|
|School||Local high School|
|College||National University of Wichita|
|Height||feet and inches- 5’5”|
centimeters- 168 cm
|Weight||kilograms- 60 kg|
pounds- 132 lbs
|Body Measurements||34 – 28 – 37|
|Shoe size||6 (US)|
|Father name||Not Known|
|Mother name||Not Known|
|Sister||Tatum and Haley|
|Husband||Dennis Rader (ex-husband)|
Kerri Rawson (daughter)
On completion of her education, she started working as a bookkeeper. She has also served as a volunteer at the Lutheran Church.
She is currently retired from her job and staying away from the limelight. For her entire life, she worked as a bookkeeper.
Favorite Things/ Hobbies
- Favorite actor – Will Smith
- Favorite actress – Joey King
- Favorite color – Violet
- Favorite destination – Paris
- Favorite food – pizza and vegetable soup
- Hobbies – reading and spending time with family.
- Paula Dietz is popular as the ex-wife of Dennis Rader who is a serial killer.
- She was a bookkeeper and volunteer at Lutheran Church.
- She was married to the Park City Kansas killer for 34 years from 1971 to 2005.
- They share two children a son and a daughter.
- Paula Dietz Rader’s obituary does not exist as her death news was a rumor.
- Her father-in-law is William Elvin Rader and her mother-in-law is Dorothea Mae Rader.
- Her brothers-in-law include Paul, Jeff, and Bill.
- She faced the horror of living with a serial killer in her real life for 34 years.
- She was granted an emergency divorce after her husband’s arrest.
- Her son-in-law’s name is Darian Rawson.
- Her son Brian served on a Navy submarine from 2004 to 2009.
- She is not active on social media but has her Instagram account which is private.
- She raised her children as a single mother.
- Her daughter released a book in 2019 titled A Serial Killer’s daughter: My story of Faith, Love, and Overcoming.
- Dennis worked in United States Air Force from 1966 to 1970.
- He was later diagnosed with narcissistic antisocial, and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder.
- BTK’s family never visited him in prison and also did not attend any hearings.
- The Oxygen series depicts the day-to-day lifestyle of Dennis and his family.
- There were different documentaries and series developed by the influence of BTK story. Some of which include A Good Marriage, Full Dark, No Stars, Feast of the Assumption: The Otero family murders, Mindhunter, etc.
- Kerri accused the makers of A Good Marriage and claimed the money from the sales of books and box office should go to the victims of physical and sexual abuse.